Submitted by Angela Ochoa
2/3 cup ground John Wm. Macy's Romano Garlic CheeseSticks
1 clove garlic, minced
6 slices of swiss cheese
1/4 cup green onion, minced
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
24 1 1/2" crimini, or brown
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup imitation crab salad
1. Preheat oven to 350'F.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and remove gills from inside of mushrooms with small spoon, dampen a paper towel and wipe mushrooms clean. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl combine; crab salad, cream cheese, ground CheeseSticks, garlic, pepper, and green onions. Mix until well combined.
4. Generously fill mushrooms with cheese stick mixture.
5. Place butter into a skillet
when melted; add stuffed mushrooms, mushroom side down, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove, and place onto a cookie sheet. When all mushrooms are slightly cooked, bake for 10 minutes.
6. Cut swiss cheese into 4 even squares. Place one square on top of each mushroom. Bake an additional 3 minutes, or until melted. Remove, and let cool slightly before serving.